FAIRBANKS — Ron Paul delivered a spirited Libertarian speech today, receiving multiple standing ovations from hairy Alaskans. Paul stirred the crowd in the Westmark Hotel Gold Room with demands to return to a gold standard, cut spending, and bring the troops back to their homes in America.
Just two days before the Republican Poll on Super Tuesday, Paul made one thing clear to Alaskans when he exclaimed, “Get out and vote. Stand up against the status quo and say we want our Constitution!”
After urging the United States to model its foreign policy after the Golden Rule, he mentioned Obama, stating “We poll the best against Obama of any candidate.” Interestingly, a quick scan around the room filled with over 700 humans revealed only two black people: well-known Interior reporter Darryl Lewis Sr. and radio personality DJ Hot Sexy Midnight.
Doctor Paul was generally against the criminalization of drugs:
“The war on drugs doesn’t work.”
“Drug addiction is a disease, not a crime.”
“This is a trend that has to be reversed.”
“The worst part is the intrusion into privacy.”
“Some people actually get some help from using these medications.”
“It’s a states’ rights issue.”
He continued his speech by commenting on the United States’ war overseas. “The executive branch of government does not have the power to declare war. As President, I guarantee you I will never go to war without the permission of you, the people… Think of what was achieved with peace that was not achieved by twenty years of war and killing.” Amen, Brahmin.
Next, Paul connected the war to the national debt. “We have to borrow the money in order to fight these wars.” In 2011, the United States debt grew $4 trillion and, according to Paul, China became its banker.
When it was time for Alaskans to question Paul, the first inquiry concerned the potential closure of Eielson Air Force Base. Paul believes the United States should put a priority on closing air force bases overseas before closing those on U.S. soil. “Alaska is a state that understands freedom and liberty.”
And don’t forget his most important advice to his human followers: “Do whatever you want to do,” and “Maybe you’ll infiltrate the media.”
Stay tuned for fairbanksirl’s full coverage including video highlights from Paul’s speech.
related (or nearly so) articles:
– THE MISUSE OF A SPENT PALIN JOKE VIA AN ARTICLE ABOUT THE 2ND-COMING OF VLADIMIR PUTIN, here.
– RUSH LIMBAUGH APOLOGIZES ABOUT THE LACK OF MORAL FIBER IN THE POOP THAT COMES OUT OF HIS MOUTH, here.
– DO YOU KNOW THESE MISANTHROPES? IF NOT, GOOD — AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS.
– IF ELVIS’ BROTHER HAS ORANGUTAN BLOOD COURSING THROUGH HIS VEINS, DOES THAT MEAN THAT ELVIS WAS PART APE?? CLICK here FOR MORE ON THIS IMPORTANT QUESTION. (you know you want to.)
This week's poll is:Loading ...
- Shooting on Madcap... Crazy! http://t.co/3TGOcwAL, 2012/05/25
- Any good part time jobs available in the Fairbanks area?, 2012/05/24
- Vertical farm coming to Fairbanks?, 2012/04/24
Fairbanks International Airport, AK
Last Updated on May 22 2013, 3:53 pm AKDT
Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy
Wind: Variable at 3mph
the photo of the week
Pretty like a Mushroom Cloud
Past Photos of the Week
- If you are interested in submitting news, photos, or information regarding Fairbanks, Alaska, or the universe, send your articles to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer:All original content posted on this site by the administrator will be completely anonymous unless the author both desires and is approved to be identified. Content posted from other sources will be given due credit.